1. Is screen time bad for kids?
2. What apps are best for children?
Bronwyn outlines key factors to consider for device use and app selection including:
- Knowing your purpose for the device/app
- Understanding how each app is played, the skills a child needs to play them and those that it develops
- The importance of supervision – including Guided Access, to avoid app drift
- Encouraging active engagement in place of passive use
Bronwyn shares some of her favourite apps and uses for devices for a range of learning, speech and language skills development (and I add a couple of my own!).